Well, it appears to be my night to blog due to a certain miscommunication by a teammember last night. Today started off great with CPR recertification from an ex-navy seal. Now we will be able to help children in emergency and first aid situations and also learned how easy it is to sue someone in America (courtesy of the Seal).
Actually, before that we had a delcious breakfast and bible study with Pastor Nathan and his wife. Speaking of food, dinner included going to a seafood place with Terry and his wife which was excellent and fun. Strangely enough, two of our teammembers did not order seafood though. But the food was delicious and I fully expect to gain fifty pounds by the end of our stay if I am not careful.
Monday is rapidly approaching and my teammates and I look forward to starting the day camp and meeting the kids. We're having fun and growing spiritually and eagerly look forward to what God has in store for us. I encourage all who read this to pray that God gives us the strength to follow him anywhere wholeheartedly and with overwhelming joy. Peace.
Ben "Jamin" Lick
P.S. How bout that internet
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Getting Fed Jesus...and Grits
Posted by
BenLick
at
8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Saw your dad in Panera. I am sure he thought I was crazy (which I am). Give Rachel a big old hug for me, and have fun with all the grits!
Post a Comment