We were listening to the song "To Know Your Name" by Hillsong in the car today and it says...
"I know you gave the world your only son for us
To know your name
To live within the Saviors love
He took my place
Knowing he'd be crucified
And you loved
You loved a people undeserving"
I have heard the song a thousand times and it never has struck me like it did today. We are so so so undeserving of Gods love and grace and mercy. SO undeserving. We hate our neighbors, we are selfish, we are greedy. In no way do I deserve any freedom from sin whatsoever but I have it. It's mine. Because of Jesus Christ I can live my life in freedom and in Gods love. He was not selfish, he was not greedy, he did not hate his neighbor. He simply loved.
I want to live my life humbled by the truth that I am an undeserving human being that has been given the greatest gift of all time. I want my life to look more and more like the life of Jesus.
0 comments:
Post a Comment